Hansjörg Schellenberger began early with his teaching. The handing on of knowledge and the contact with young talent were simply very dear to his heart. His ten-year involvement with the Berlin Hochschule der Künste began as early as 1981; from 1985 to 1998 he arranged annual summer courses at the Accademia Chigiana in Siena, and during his years with the Berlin Philharmonic (1980-2001) he also taught the oboe at the orchestra’s music academy.
Since 2000 he has had a small and very select oboe class at Europe’s only purely privately-run school of music, the Escuela Superior de Musica Reina Sofia in Madrid, where he also teaches the chamber music classes for the wind players of the school’s International Institute for Chamber Music. This arrangement comes under the patronage of the Queen of Spain and is supported by the Fundación Albéniz, which was founded by Paloma O’Shea, one of Spain’s most influential women. For further information see www.escuelasuperiordemusicareinasofia.es
Additionally, Schellenberger is an “international instructor of wind music” at the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester, where he also appears regularly as a conductor and gives conducting seminars. Further information from: www.rncm.ac.uk
Together with his wife, the excellent harpist Margit-Ann Süß, he directs the International Master-Classes at Sachrang (Bavaria) as well as regularly giving a wide variety of oboe and conducting master-classes all over the world.
- Chamberconcert with Shanghai Symphony Orchestra on November 30th, 2019
- Hansjörg Schellenberger and the Orquesta sinfónico de Madrid
- VideoClip: Richard Strauss’ Horn Concerto No. 1 , Okayama Symphony Orchestra
- Impressions from the concert tour to Japan with Yu Kosuge & Camerata Salzburg
- … on tour in China 2015
- Hansjörg Schellenberger in Mexico
- Hansjörg Schellenberger at the Zakhar Bron Festival
- Video Clip: Antonio Pasculli – Hommage à Bellini